BHPA100 Bed Head ProtectorBHPA100 Bed Head Protectors can be installed in 4 different formats:
- Option 1 – BHPA1001 Aluminium retainer fixed directly to the wall
- Option 2 – BHPA1002 Retainer standing off the wall using rubber spacers (WGRS25)
- Option 3 – BHPA1003 Retainer standing off the wall using PVC-u extender brackets (BHPA1003/BRKT)
- Option 4 – BHPA1004 Retainer standing off the wall using metal extender brackets (BLXB2)
Follow the instructions below for all options, selecting the correct instructions at point 5 for the installation option being used. 1. Use a 6mm drill bit to make the holes along the v-notch in the centre of the aluminium retainer at 10mm from both ends of the retainer for the end-cap bolts. Fit the end-caps, with reveals fitted, onto the retainer. Fit the washer over the bolt, feed the bolt through the retainer and secure using the locking nut.
2. Use a 6mm drill bit to make 2 holes along the v-notch in the centre of the aluminium retainer at 100mm from both ends of the retainer. These holes can be used for stand-off brackets, spacers or if the protector is to be fitted directly to the wall.
3. Use the 2 holes in the retainer as a template for marking the holes needed to mount the protector, checking with a laser level that the lower holes of each pair of Bed Head Protectors are on the same level. If the BLXB2 extender bracket (Option 4) is to be fitted, use the holes in the retainer as the centre-point datum for marking the 4 holes for the base plate by using a base plate as a template with the 4 holes aligned to the horizontal and vertical of the laser level.
4. For all drilled holes, ensure that appropriate plugs and/or fasteners are used and that there is at least 30mm of threaded fastening length available for the fixing screws (not supplied).
5. Select the appropriate instructions from the following depending on installation option being used:
- Option 1 – BHPA1001 Fasten the Protector directly to the wall using appropriate screws.
- Option 2 – BHPA1002 With the WGRS25 spacers between the protector and the wall, fasten the protector to the wall using appropriate screws.
- Option 3 – BHPA1003 With the BHPA1003/BRKT extender brackets between the protector and the wall, together with the Ø50mm penny washer between the spacer and the protector, fasten the protector to the wall using appropriate screws
- Option 4 – BHPA1004 Ensure that the post of the extender bracket BLXB2 has been fixed to the base plate using the supplied 10mm long countersunk bolts and a 4mm Allen key to properly tighten. Fasten the extender brackets to the wall using appropriate screws. Snap the optional plastic base plate cover onto the base plate. Fix the retainer onto the extender brackets using the supplied 10mm long countersunk bolts and tighten with a 4mm Allen key.